[Feature request] Add Function Filters - Mutation options | and Mutation Bug

Issues related to VMProtect
Coldzer0

[Feature request] Add Function Filters - Mutation options | and Mutation Bug

Post by Coldzer0 »

Hello,

BTW all functions are mutated; no Virtualization is used.

( Add Function Filters )

I was doing some testing and trying to add a lot of functions from a MAP file, But there's a limit to how many items I can Add at one time.
So if you can add a checkbox to hide already added functions so it can be easy to spot the other unadded ones.

Plus, If I add too many functions, like 2000+, And try to compile, and there are some functions with sizes less than 5 bytes,
It becomes impossible to compile.
And I have to remove each function manually, so if you can add some filters to hide functions with small sizes, that will help a lot.

The Above Features are essential for me to work with files with thousands of functions.

( Mutation )

And After doing some testing with mutation, I found that sometimes It will do some very obvious mutation (can't call it mutation).
It just added a jump to the next instruction.

A comparison between the original and mutated function

So is there any way I can make the mutation more aggressive? Or do actual mutations?
I don't care about the speed with some functions, So if there's a way to change the mutation to be aggressive with some functions, that will help a lot.

Thanks ^_^
Coldzer0

Re: [Feature request] Add Function Filters - Mutation options | and Mutation Bug

Post by Coldzer0 »

Another thing I found is if I did any editing on the file Header and tried to load it again in VMProtect with the MAP file.
It won't load it and will give an error "has an incorrect timestamp and cannot be loaded."

This is because the MAP file has a different timestamp from the PE file.

This need to be allowed to load even if the timestamp is not the same.

Can you allow loading a MAP file with a different timestamp from the PE file?
This is important because whenever I save the PE file, it will have a new timestamp, so I can't load the MAP file until I change it.
abcdefghijklnmopqrst

Re: [Feature request] Add Function Filters - Mutation options | and Mutation Bug

Post by abcdefghijklnmopqrst »

Coldzer0 wrote:
Plus, If I add too many functions, like 2000+, And try to compile, and there are some functions with sizes less than 5 bytes,
It becomes impossible to compile.
And I have to remove each function manually, so if you can add some filters to hide functions with small sizes, that will help a lot.
This reminds me of oreans' cv, where you can just select all functions, because ones like some functions with sizes less than 5 bytes that don't match the encryption will just be skipped. There are also some details that oreans does better than vmp.vmp should put a little more effort into the user experience.