Question regarding Mac/OSX

Issues related to VMProtect
Gebruike1

Question regarding Mac/OSX

Post by Gebruike1 »

I have a Mach O binary and app bundle for OSX that can't be executed because the Apple XProtect system has decided to freak out and label it as a bad program. My developer has determined that the only way to get the application to run is by disabling the SIP/System Integrity Protection which is not acceptable as it could leave the machine open to exploits or bad software. After a few days of researching our issue some people have pointed us here to get a protector for our files. Can someone who has experience with using the VMProtect software confirm with me if this wrapping our file with the program will allow our software to run without issue or blocks? Our machines are all running up to date OSX Monterey.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Question regarding Mac/OSX

Post by Admin »

Are you a registered user of VMProtect?
Gebruike1

Post by Gebruike1 »

Admin wrote:Are you a registered user of VMProtect?
I am currently just a guest here. I sent a guest contact form on the site but thought perhaps maybe it was wasn't delivered.
I will purchase VMProtect today if I knew this could correct the issue I am having with XProtect on OSX.
Gebruike1

Post by Gebruike1 »

Sorry I want to add in case of confusion. XProtect is a software or system native to Apple OSX. It is a very good software that keeps computers safe from bad things getting installed, but for whatever reason that software has detected mine as something it doesn't want to allow to run and install. I have heard from others that VMProtect might be able to change my binaries in a way that will bypass such blocking. Please advise if this is possible. Thank you!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I am currently just a guest here.
I asked about your license. Do you have it or not?
Gebruike1

Post by Gebruike1 »

Admin wrote:
I am currently just a guest here.
I asked about your license. Do you have it or not?
I said I was currently a forum guest so I do not have a license. I first was inquiring if VMProtect can provide what I need and that yes I will purchase a license if so. Sorry for any confusion in text.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I have heard from others that VMProtect might be able to change my binaries in a way that will bypass such blocking. Please advise if this is possible.
Unfortunately we can't help you.

P.S. The topic is closed.