How to create Single file with main dll protection with VMP? (.NET CORE 6.0 CONSOLE APP)

Issues related to VMProtect
haseakash

How to create Single file with main dll protection with VMP? (.NET CORE 6.0 CONSOLE APP)

Post by haseakash »

I have c# console Application with .NET CORE 6.0

I want to create Single file with main DLL protection by VMP.
(I dont want to create Self Contained Exe using VS2022)
Because it generates single file without protection.

So i need 1st protection of DLL file then want to create Single file (bundled) means ..
Hello.DLL(Protected by VMP) + Hello.exe + .Net core runtime files (When we publish program using VS2022)

I am using latest VMPROTECT 3.6 DEMO.

Test 1 - If i select Hello.DLL file in VMprotect Then "Files" option not showing.

Test 2 - If i select Hello.exe(Published self contained folder) Then i can see "Files" option. Then I selected all runtime files(1 by 1. bad thing here in VMPROTECT FILES TAB no selection for adding multiple DLL RUNTIME files it takes my 20 minutes :( )
Without adding Protected Hello.Dll.
Now i have Hello.vmp.exe and another dll hello.dll
Program is working fine
(BUT BUT .. I want to created 1 FILE without Hello.dll showing there.)

Test3 - if i added Hello.dll into it(in test 2 Files Tab) Then program not working.

Visual Studio 2022 Steps:
Create hello word Console Application C# .NET CORE 6.0 Self Contained>x86 any CPU>Released>Publish (Produce Single file is Unmarked
Click Publish.
Here in publish folder Multiple dll files with Hello.DLL and Hello.EXE

Simple Requirement : As mentioned VS Settings I just want to protect my DLL with virtualization methods In VMP
And Want to create Single File(Without any dll in launch folder).
That is Hello.DLL(Protected)+ All required .net core runtime files (api.ms which available at published folder)

Please Reply me...
I want to buy your software.
Just Create a simple Hello Word Program with Console.Read();

Tell me how to do this?????
haseakash

Re: How to create Single file with main dll protection with VMP? (.NET CORE 6.0 CONSOLE APP)

Post by haseakash »

How to protect DLL with native exe with all .net runtime files?

How to product Single file with dll protection?

How to use VMP for .NET CORE 6 Console app & create only 1 single file (with dll protection) ?

Admin please reply
Admin
Site Admin

Re: How to create Single file with main dll protection with VMP? (.NET CORE 6.0 CONSOLE APP)

Post by Admin »

What is a problem to distribute your application with EXE and required DLLs instead of single EXE?
haseakash

Post by haseakash »

Problem is, I want to hide that DLL file inside EXE. Because anyone can directly access that file. I know that this file is strongly virtualized by VMP.
But i just want to create same as "Produce single file (Visual Studio Option)" or "bundled (.Net Reactor option) ".

Is there any way that i can create a single file?

I able to protect my published DLL file by VMP. Then i reopened VMP and selected native Hello.exe and added all runtime files in "Files" option of VMP.
(Without including protected Hello.dll) This trick gives me a working program with Bundled single file and separated Hello.DLL

I just want to place that Hello.DLL inside main bundled with protection.

Because i have another program to protect EXE file with scrambled method. THIS Is another software with the strongest protection.
I trust on VMP but i want to protect my app from hacker. So i wish hacker will give up by doubled different protection technology.
I tested this method on .net framework single EXE. I can protect my code using VMP and I added another software protection on it.
My program still working.

Reason for .NET Core is i don't want to install .net framework on every client PC's with different Windows version. So i want to make my program with self-contained Single File.

I hope you understand my problem.

Please help. I will buy VMP immediately. Really !!

Please reply, I am waiting for your reply.
andyco

Post by andyco »

There are two options:
1. Pack .Net

Code: Select all

dotnet publish -r win-x64 -c Release /p:PublishSingleFile=true /p:PublishTrimmed=true
2. NativeAOT,all native code,No need runtime
https://github.com/dotnet/samples/tree/ ... HelloWorld

But after simple testing, the VMP does not work,You can try again.
haseakash

Post by haseakash »

Admin please reply.

I want to create only 1 single file with VMP protection.

Please reply
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Is there any way that i can create a single file?
Unfortunately VMProtect has no such feature.
haseakash

Post by haseakash »

Hello Admin,

Is Memory Protection is strong for protection?
Simple question : Normal reverse engineering is capable to break memory protection option?
Means what type of protection gives of option "Memory protection"

Because,

I found a workaround to create single file of Self contained exe WITH VMP protection to dll

1) Opened Vmp and selected published "Hello.DLL" file
selected functions and added compilation type to "Ultra (Mutation + Virtualization).

2) In Options Tab
Memory Protection : No
Import Protection : Yes
Resource Protection : Yes
Packed to Output file : Yes
Debugger : User mode +Kernel mode
Virtualization tools :Yes

With these settings i created Hello.vmp.dll

Then deleted old hello.dll and renamed Hello.vmp.dll to Hello.dll

3) Now i just opened Enginma virualbox freeware
selected Hello.exe
and added all published files with Hello.dll (vmp protected)

created hello_bundled.exe single file by engima virualbox

Now my program working fine (only 1 single file)

My importat question is

May i use option 2 and 3 technique to create single file (without memory protection option for dll)
or
May i use option 2 WITH Memory Protection : Yes option.
and use Hello.Exe and Hello.dll to distribute to customers?

Which option is SAFE?

Is there any chances to crack my software if i create dll with option 2 without selecting Memory protection ?

Admin please Reply. This is my last question !
Catharsis

Post by Catharsis »

Enigma Virtual Box will not protect your files. Anyone can unpack it in less than a minute.
haseakash

Post by haseakash »

@Catharsis : I need a way that i can protect .NET core dll by vmp with virtualization and pack self contained runtime files with only 1 exe file. (NO dll in launch folder).

How can i do it?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »