Post by echelon »

Normally a normal unity compiled game looks like these :

Code: Select all

Launcher.exe
    Launcher_Data //Folder
            Managed //Folder
                Assembly-CSharp.dll //.Net Managed Assembly
                Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll //.Net Managed Assembly
Unity will looks for the folder Launcher_Data folder must exist and normally load all the .Net Assembly dll and Pure Windows dll which reside Launcher_Data folder, mostly all of the scripting that were done by the game author reside inside these two .Net Assembly dll "Assembly-CSharp.dll" and "Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll". So it's crucial to protect those three files (the launcher.exe , the Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll and Assembly-CSharp.dll).

I have tried on Latest VMProtect Ultimate 3.1.1 to protect the launcher.exe entrypoint (mutation & virtualization) and also pack the Assembly-CSharp.dll & Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll inside "Files" option on vmprotect.

After 'compiling' the files on vmprotect and run it, launcher.exe mentioned cannot found those dll. I have ticked "Register Com Server" on both Assembly-CSharp.dll & Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll but still no luck.

I know that vmprotect cannot obfuscated .net unmanaged dll assembly. I just want to protect those two .net dll inside somekind of molebox program's result.

Protecting and maintaining unity's game performance is a big potential market from what i have seen, if you guys can provide an in-built solution to protect unity compiled game, i am sure many people will look at vmprotect to protect their games.

I have uploaded the example unity compiled game and vmprotect project file in https://www.dropbox.com/s/e9ejci5hhueet ... d.rar?dl=0 .
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Protecting Unity compiled game

Post by Admin »

WinRAR shows the following error: "The archive is either in unknown format or damaged". Anyway, we need original files instead of protected.
echelon

Post by echelon »

It's in rar5 format, you need Winrar 5.x to open, anyway i have re-compressed it with zip format, and uploaded it here :

Code: Select all

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b80valbngxszmsh/Unity-Sample.zip?dl=0
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Unfortunately VMProtect doesn't support such scenario.