VMProtectIsVirtualMachinePresent always true on dell latitude 5491 laptop

Issues related to VMProtect
MrVB6

VMProtectIsVirtualMachinePresent always true on dell latitude 5491 laptop

Post by MrVB6 »

Hi. A few days ago I bought a brand new Dell Latitude 5491 laptop with Windows 10 (1803) Pro 64-bits
and installed VMProtect Ultimate (3.2.0.976) on it. I moved my VMP project and source code from old computer to the new one.

When I compiled my software (Visual Basic 6) on new computer with option: Detection: Virtualization Tools,
I always receive the message “Sorry, this application cannot run under a Virtual Machine” but this is not true. My app.exe is running on real Windows 10 machine. I have to use Virtualization Tools Detection but I use real computers.

My EXE and VMProtect Ultimate (3.2) are installed on Dell Latitude 5491 on real Windows 10 Prof (1803).
Hyper-V is not installed and I don't use: VMware, Virtual PC, VirtualBox, Sandboxie.

I have got the second computer (Asus desktop with Windows 7 Pro, 32-bits) and the problem doesn’t exist on the same VMP project.
I mean the same My.exe works fine without message “Sorry, this application cannot run under a Virtual Machine”

Is it possible to improve VMProtectIsVirtualMachinePresent function?

Maybe it helps: The laptop Latitude 5491 is equipped with TPM (Trusted Platform Module). TPM feature requires “Intel Virtualization Technology” to be enabled in order to increase security level. I cannot disable this option in BIOS because is grayed.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: VMProtectIsVirtualMachinePresent always true on dell latitude 5491 laptop

Post by Admin »

It seems Windows 10 can work like a virtual machine. Look at this: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/window ... -integrity
ovid

Re: VMProtectIsVirtualMachinePresent always true on dell latitude 5491 laptop

Post by ovid »

you can check inside your code of course protected with sdk markers.

code you find on-line for detection of virtual machines.

do to latest circumstances is best use a second checks inside your soft.