How to edit VMProtectGetCurrentHWID

Issues related to VMProtect
vpmusr

How to edit VMProtectGetCurrentHWID

Post by vpmusr »

Hello
How to limit VMProtectGetCurrentHWID for return example:cpu + hdd id?

Thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Re: How to edit VMProtectGetCurrentHWID

Post by Admin »

For what?

P.S. Anyway you can decode HWID and make other HWID (with Base64Encode) for needed "devices".
ovid

Post by ovid »

dear developers, vmp hwid can be bypased and if hwid are hooked / emulated / changed and lock is useless?

is there any plan improve hardware based locking mechanism and make harder to bypass?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

HWID contains the result of CPUID that can't be hooked. So I can't understand what improvement you need.
ovid

Post by ovid »

well improvements are always welcomed.

possible chose is most important one example cpuid + hard disk serial only, these two not change even if format c so no new lic is needed.

rest can be easy changed like name, c serial or mac.

thank you !
vanisher

Post by vanisher »

ovid wrote:well improvements are always welcomed.

possible chose is most important one example cpuid + hard disk serial only, these two not change even if format c so no new lic is needed.

thank you !
There are many requests for that, look at more serious problems:
http://www.vmpsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3380

EVERY software protection I have tested offered this possibility, VMP developers understanding of user's needs are horrible.
Instead of make 10 minute coding work and give flexibility for Users they prefer to tell "for what"...
as I see there is 3.2 version and probably nothing has changed in basic thing for hardware protection ID.
vpmusr

Post by vpmusr »

Admin wrote:For what?

P.S. Anyway you can decode HWID and make other HWID (with Base64Encode) for needed "devices".

How to encode ? i can't to encode2base64!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

vanisher

Post by vanisher »

ovid wrote:well improvements are always welcomed.
thank you !

Please see how it look in other program I will not share it's name not to make advertisements.
This is perfect solution very welcome to see in VMPprotect, that user could choose which and how many changes.
hw.png
hw.png (8.59 KiB) Viewed 10312 times
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

It seems you don't understand how the field "Allow Changes" works. As I understand it stores something in the registry/APPDATA when a "device" was changed, so this scheme can be cracked very easy (it's enough just to find this place in the registry/APPDATA and delete it). We provide more secured scheme with which you can realize available count of HWID changes for an activation code. This scheme can't be cracked because all information is stored on your side (inside a database of your activation server).
vanisher

Post by vanisher »

I think I understand exactly how it works, I have just presented it in wrong way.
I mean what @ovid user mean: To tell what VMProtectGetCurrentHWID function should check.
If we want to chcek only CPU then CPU or only MAC adress, full flexibility would be cool there.

For example now it's enough to reinstall Windows and in current scheme is treated as new HWID (because serial and OS is changed)
So for example number of parameters passed to this function could tell how many changes are allowed.
Of course perfect solution is to tell also WHICH to check not only how many changes are allowed.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

For example now it's enough to reinstall Windows and in current scheme is treated as new HWID (because serial and OS is changed)
You are not right because VMProtect doesn't store OS's indetifier into HWID.
So for example number of parameters passed to this function could tell how many changes are allowed.
Of course perfect solution is to tell also WHICH to check not only how many changes are allowed.
I have already wrote that it can be cracked very easy, so I don't think that is the "perfect solution" :))

Please look at our activation system - it was developed for many real scenarious including working with changed HWID.We have long done what enigma's developers only dream about :))
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If we want to chcek only CPU then CPU or only MAC adress, full flexibility would be cool there.
What is a problem to decode our HWID with base64decode and remove all unwanted "devices"?
vanisher

Post by vanisher »

Admin wrote:
What is a problem to decode our HWID with base64decode and remove all unwanted "devices"?
Is this possible then to pass to

Code: Select all

VMProtectActivateLicense
only MAC so then later check Serial and avoid BAD_HWID ??
Problems are detailed explained by other users and me as well here.
Major problem is also mandatory CPU which is changed only by installing Hyper-V

User/developer should be possible to have influence on which data is passed to License Web Server and later checked to validate HWID.
If he want to validate only MAC this should be possible, more details there I have found other topics.

http://www.vmpsoft.com/forum/viewtopic. ... r+v#p10175
http://www.vmpsoft.com/forum/viewtopic. ... er+v#p6614
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Is this possible then to pass to VMProtectActivateLicense
It's impossible. You have to modify HWID on the server side too.
Major problem is also mandatory CPU which is changed only by installing Hyper-V
"Major problem"? Are you serously? How do you often switch on/off the Hyper-V role on your computer? :)) For example, I (like 99.99% other users of Windows) never did that.