Problem with demo version

Issues related to VMProtect
soroush.sarabi

Problem with demo version

Post by soroush.sarabi »

Hi

I want buy vmprotect lite, when i use demo version in my own pc after protect my dll all function is ok and vm demo message appear

But when i send this protected dll with demo version to other pc, vm demo message apear but my function dose not found in dll from application that want to call it.

i want buy, but before that i need to make sure that it will be work correctly on other pcs.

thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Problem with demo version

Post by Admin »

The protected DLL on other computer shows the error "This application is protected with unregistered version of VMProtect and cannot be executed on this computer" and unloads from memory, so your application can't find any function in this DLL because it didn't load correctly.

Protected application work only on computer where it was protected - this is a limitation of the demo version.
mmatrosov

Post by mmatrosov »

Admin wrote:Protected application work only on computer where it was protected - this is a limitation of the demo version.
I tried to use demo version for my project, and have this error on start.

---------------------------
MyObfuscatedLibrary.dll
This application is protected with unregistered version of VMProtect.
OK

If I use registered older version, everything works fine. But here I tried to use Demo version of 3.3.1 instead. And I have this error. I test everything on my local computer. So this should work, IIUC.

Could you please suggest where to look for a problem?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

This is not an error - it's just warning and your application still working after it.