VMProtect fails to load EXE when using std::async

Issues related to VMProtect
BullyWiiPlaza

VMProtect fails to load EXE when using std::async

Post by BullyWiiPlaza »

I've been developing a C++ application on Windows and recently VMProtect v.3.4.0 and v3.5.0 stopped loading my EXE successfully and might even crash/close itself. When I try to load my EXE, it will say 0% progress and simply stop there and keep the VMProtect window empty. No error message or anything is generated. I spent the time to track down the issue and it happens to be related to using std::async with a lambra expression as follows:

Code: Select all

auto my_future = std::async([&] { return "123"; });
If I have this in my code, VMProtect will not be able to load the EXE. Strange. This happens in Debug and Release mode. Any comments on this? :)

Also further testing showed that this bug only happens on Windows. On Linux, it will work regardless.
Last edited by BullyWiiPlaza on Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: VMProtect fails to load EXE when using std::async

Post by Admin »

Please send an example (original EXE) that shows this problem to info@vmpsoft.com
BullyWiiPlaza

Post by BullyWiiPlaza »

Admin wrote:Please send an example (original EXE) that shows this problem to info@vmpsoft.com
The e-mail has been sent :wink:
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We didn't receive any emails from you. Please check it.
BullyWiiPlaza

Post by BullyWiiPlaza »

Admin wrote:We didn't receive any emails from you. Please check it.
Sorry for the delay. I definitely sent the e-mail to info@vmpsoft.com but since you apparently didn't receive it, let me send it to you here since there are no sensitive information involved: https://mega.nz/file/q40khBJL#yKqb43KAG ... R6r-eDjEww
This archive contains all the files necessary to reproduce the crash. Please also read the README for more details.