does VMProtect_con.exe use VMProtect itself?

Issues related to VMProtect
lostpotential

does VMProtect_con.exe use VMProtect itself?

Post by lostpotential »

Out of curiousity, does the VMProtect suite of applications (VMProtect.exe and VMProtect_con.exe) use the VMProtect system for their own anti-reversing protection or do they use another system? Just curious.

Also, the anti-debugging system VMProtect deploys on binaries, how effective is that against reverse engineering? What methods of protection does it use because I know a lot of anti-reversing techniques can be defeated by a determined hacker. Does VMProtect use any techniques which cannot be defeated, if so, what are they so I can keep an eye out for reverse engineers who develop techniques to defeat them... those RE guys are crazy about finding new ways to get around things! :lol:

Thanks!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Both files (VMProtect.exe and VMProtect_con.exe) protected by VMProtect without using other protection system.
lostpotential

Post by lostpotential »

ok, great. I thought so, I was just checking. Out of curiousity I looked at the vmprotect_con binary and I saw it was very well protected, so I wanted to make sure that VMProtect was indeed the source of that protection. Very well done!