Memory Protection error

Issues related to VMProtect
yype

Memory Protection error

Post by yype »

:D :D
Hi,i'm a demo user,who's thinking about buying a license.
I met a problem these days,when protecting QT released EXEs, v2.1 worked correctly,but as i turned on the "Memory Protection" switch in v3.0.6,the protected file would crash after executing like this:
error.jpg
error.jpg (148.02 KiB) Viewed 7468 times
as i tuned it off ,everything went well :D

released EXE was just a simple "helloworld" containing the QT dlls in its directory :mrgreen:
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Memory Protection error

Post by Admin »

Please send us a test example (oiriginal EXE+MAP+VMP+Qt files) that shows this problem.
yype

Post by yype »

Admin wrote:Please send us a test example (oiriginal EXE+MAP+VMP+Qt files) that shows this problem.
thanks~ :)
//demo protected file cannot be executed on other computers...// so i just give the original file.

i did what this post said,and problems were solved: http://www.vmpsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1685
just turned off MemoryProtection for .rdata and .eh_fram maybe the loading of dlls were refused by VMP :)

there comes some more questions:)...
the "file" function - can it include a file/dll which isn't in the same path with Protected exe? like .\platforms\qwindows.dll ?
and does the Professional license contain "file" function?

test file was sent to info@vmpsoft.com

best regards~ :D
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

just turned off MemoryProtection for .rdata and .eh_fram maybe the loading of dlls were refused by VMP :)
You are right. MinGW's runtime changes these segments, so you have to exclude them from memory protection.
the "file" function - can it include a file/dll which isn't in the same path with Protected exe? like .\platforms\qwindows.dll ?
You can add a folder "platforms" and add "qwindows.dll" in this folder. Anyway I'm not sure that Qt will work with virtualized files.
Only Ultimate edition has this feature.
yype

Post by yype »

Admin wrote:
You are right. MinGW's runtime changes these segments? so you have to exclude their from memory protection.
You can add a folder "platforms" and add "qwindows.dll" in this folder. Anyway I'm not sure that Qt will work with virtualized files.
Only Ultimate edition has this feature.
Thanks~ :D