Expert options missing?

Issues related to VMProtect
jhonnyq

Expert options missing?

Post by jhonnyq »

Hello, I'v just bought VP3 Pro, was using VP2 for a while, and it struck me by surprise that I cant find the expert mode anymore. I remember one of the Expert options was to be able to configure how many VMs were on the protected software, which had a great impact on the size of the final file. In fact, there seems to be a whole section of configurations missing. I'm probably just not seeing something, but I cant figure it out. Any light on the matter would be greatly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Expert options missing?

Post by Admin »

We have removed these options, so by default protected programms use 10 virtual machines.
jhonnyq

Post by jhonnyq »

Oh... Well, that's unfortunate. Are there any plans to add it back on the near future? It was a really nice feature to control output file size VS protection level, or at least that's how I thought of it.

Also, I've noticed that packing a file through GUI consistently results in a bigger file than packing it through console. Ex; a 102kb dll results in a ~1.5mb file when packed through console, while it goes up to ~2.5mb when packed through GUI. Is this a bug?

Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer.
drlai

Post by drlai »

In my case,

my original DLL is around 12MB, and after protection (without packing), the size goes up to 16MB