V3 Pre-Purchase Question

Issues related to VMProtect
popcade

V3 Pre-Purchase Question

Post by popcade »

Hi,

After testing VMP V3, I think the function is really good, but I'm waiting it to be finished as I'm waiting the official V3 out.

I have some suggestions and questions below:

1. I need the File Box (new DLL Box) function, so I'm talking about Ultimate version, the question is, is the file box safe to avoid common extractor? it seems no-one has tried to break the file box yet, as I'm concerning the file safety, that's why I give up Themida as the xbundler can be extracted easily.

2. The load time after adding File Box will be slightly increased, I think about 10% to 20% around, not noticable on common computers, but may affect slow computers.

3. There's no Drag-Drop for files, I have to manually add them to the File Box, which is time consuming.

4. I have some sample that doesn't work with file box, I can upload them and add descriptions if you have time to investigate.

5. I thnk it has some benefit to add compatibility to Game Authoring tools like Unity/Game Maker/Love2D/etc, nowadays desktop game developers are aware of protection the assets and willing to pay for security.

Just a few cents, may not useful, but hope you have time to investigae.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: V3 Pre-Purchase Question

Post by Admin »

Could you send us an example that doesn't work with file box?
popcade

Post by popcade »

Hi,

the file has issue with pack is:
http://7yzone.com/_tmp/RM8.rar
(not packed, available till 2015/4/30)

This is a game I'm translating, a freeware game.

Issue:
I tried to pack the files into box, if I pack "color_tbl.txt" into the exe, it still require the file exist externally , or the game fails to start.

My hobby is translating games and make compatibility fixes, I can provide samples when I encounter some issues.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »