Box dll

Issues related to VMProtect
bradst

Box dll

Post by bradst »

Hi,
I'm trying to get away from registering my dll when ever I deploy my new version of the application. So I used the Box dll feature and add my few critical dlls to it (with load on startup checked) and packed them into one monolithic exe.

And then I unregistered my dll's on the deployment machine and tried to launch the vmp exe and it fails to launch. Checking the proc mon shows that the exe is still trying to load the dll's by querying the registry and hence it fails.

How Do I accomplish the above scenario?

Thank you
Brad.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Box dll

Post by Admin »

Could you send us a test example (original EXE and DLL files) that shows your problem?
bradst

Post by bradst »

I have attached the exe and 2 dll's. So when i register the dll - the exe on its own or boxed exe works fine. When I unregister the dll's, the boxed exe and the original exe throws the error.

Our idea is to create just one exe boxing the dll and no registration or shipping of the dlls and be able to ship that one boxed exe.

I couldn't upload the dlls as the file size is greater then allowed limit. The dll's can be downloaded from

http://www.chilkatsoft.com/downloads_ActiveX.asp

dlls used -> chilkatrsa.dll and chilkatcert.dll

brad.
Attachments
mytest.zip
(2.68 KiB) Downloaded 424 times
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Do you want to execute your bundle without any information about DLLs in registry?
bradst

Post by bradst »

Yes. That's correct. Ship just one exe (boxed with dll) and no dll registration and execute the application.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Unfortunately the current version doesn't support this feature.