Distribution of protected DLL

Issues related to VMProtect
undisker

Distribution of protected DLL

Post by undisker »

My goal is to sell a library for developers in form of a DLL which can be distributed together with customer's code only if they have a license, othwerwise show a message like "powered by unregistered version of Library XXXXX".

Could you please confirm that such scenario is possible with VMProtect?

What should I consider implementing such a scenario?
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Distribution of protected DLL

Post by Admin »

You can use the licensing feature for it. For example after purchasing a license you will send a serial number to a customer and your protected DLL will become registered.
undisker

Post by undisker »

I'm not quite sure that I understood your licensing feature correctly for DLL as a product.
Let's image a following scenario: my customer distributes his own application linked to my protected DLL with license. In order to use it, license must be shipped somehow also within the application bundle. So if the application itself is not protected, this logic makes it vulnerable for license hijacking, or I'm wrong? I cannot force my customers to protect their applications as well.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

So if the application itself is not protected, this logic makes it vulnerable for license hijacking, or I'm wrong? I cannot force my customers to protect their applications as well.
Where in my answer do you see anything about applications of your customers?