Na..Solved:Does the VMProtect Demo go crippled after awhile?

Issues related to VMProtect
bitman2112

Na..Solved:Does the VMProtect Demo go crippled after awhile?

Post by bitman2112 »

Out of nowhere my VMProtect goes through all the usual motions but does not write an output file.
I told it to write somewhere else to eliminate disk error condition and it still does the same thing as if the program be broken.
bitman2112

Re: Na..Solved:Does the VMProtect Demo go crippled after awh

Post by bitman2112 »

AVAST Free was keeping i/o functions over a certain size from happening.
I could copy con a txt file ok, but copy myproject.vmp.dll to myproject.dll would say it succeeded, but there was no
myproject.dll. Same for VMProtect write of it's output. It would say it did but there was no file.

So Admin, could you not have just said нет?
Y'all think I'm just tryin to cause trouble. don't ya. :D
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

It seems that your antivirus deletes the output file after compilation. We recommend to switch off any antivirus software while you are using the demo version.
bitman2112

Post by bitman2112 »

Admin wrote:It seems that your antivirus deletes the output file after compilation. We recommend to switch off any antivirus software while you are using the demo version.
You all have vastly more experience with vmp and av, but for almost a month this has not been an issue so I assumed I got an update that caused this. I had to keep truckin' working on the "forever trial renewal" issue that mat be licked btw, but will revisit this soon. I have had instances over the years where my email for example will quit sending or receiving because apparently avast free broke and uninstalling / reinstalling fixed it.

Can you elaborate as to why using the demo may be of special issue?

:Ron
bitman2112

Post by bitman2112 »

Well Yippy Ky Yay!

Uninstalling AVAST FREE and reinstalling it fixed it.
I uploaded the vmprotected dll to virustotal and it's deemed clean so it's all good!

:D

Giddy up now

:Ron