I'm Calling this fixed::Problem with trial versioning.

Issues related to VMProtect
bitman2112

I'm Calling this fixed::Problem with trial versioning.

Post by bitman2112 »

I thought I had it all under control......

I have a 1 day trial license on the testing WebLM server and it terminats as expected but I have found that if I simply delete the serial number from the user's drive then VMProtectActivateLicense() will gladly just give us a serial again using the same activation code as before and on we go again for another trial period.

The serial number on the WebLM server shows the hwid string.

I sure must have done something wrong.

Help! :es
Last edited by bitman2112 on Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Problem with trial versioning.

Post by Admin »

It seems that HWID was changed, so WebLM created a new license.
bitman2112

Post by bitman2112 »

Admin wrote:It seems that HWID was changed, so WebLM created a new license.
Assuming same PC one day later, how does the HWID change?
Because it's a public test server, and a human did it?
I don't care if that's the case I just need to know I'm implementing it all correctly.

Thanks.
:Ron
bitman2112

Post by bitman2112 »

Now it just happened on another test machine here that was slated to expire today.
It expired as expected.

I deleted the serial # file and restarted the application.
It went out to the server, got a serial number and is running in trial mode again.

What?
bitman2112

Post by bitman2112 »

Licensing system features

Time trials

The new activation feature allows vendors to issue the time-limit serial numbers that can be used both for limited evaluation purposes and for the time-limited licenses, as well. Each activation code may be associated with the set of features and limitations, so the user gets a limited serial number instead of the full one. This requires Internet access, but may work offline using the special API.

The advantage of this approach is that nothing is actually stored in the registry or hidden files, so the trial period cannot be restarted using registry cleanup or the similar methods.

Not so at all here and this is obviously a deal breaker.

Anyone who can steer me to the error of my ways and not just a terse dismissive answer such as I have received
thus far would be appreciated greatly. I have contacted support with no response for days.

bitman2112

Re: I'm Calling this fixed::Problem with trial versioning.

Post by bitman2112 »

I'm not sure how it got fixed. I was pokin around in my weblm database. Everything looked cool. So I don't know if VMSoft fixed it and didn't say anything (I wouldn't either), or I fixed it but now all my test machines are expired and staying expired no matter what I do to cheat.

So yay, were back in business!